Thursday, May 28, 2009


I've long thought it was weird that in English (at least the mixture of Canadian and American dialects I speak) it's fairly common to pluralize the word "one." As in, "these ones are my favourite." Do other people do this? It just seems really odd, but I hear it at least daily.

1 comment:

Shan said...


I think it's correct if you use the plural indicator as well, as in "these". Like you could say "some ones" because "some" indicates plural.

I get what you're saying though.

And I'm really tired so I think I should just shut up.