Thursday, October 4, 2007

Such is life

I've half-written some posts here and on my other blog. That is to say, I've been wanting to contribute more to the online conversation I've been having with family and friends for the last 10 or 11 months. But honestly, I've very little to say, and what I want to say I'm having trouble saying.

This might be what's commonly referred to as "writer's block."

Work is keeping me occupied: not "busy" so much as "unavailable." We're trying to sell our house, and that has brought a huge list of new tasks, as well as some serious excitement. Additionally, I've reconnected with several friends (some of whom I taught in high school) over the last few weeks. So not only do I have less time, but it's divided into many more, smaller parts.

I've not even really been cooking over the last week or so, which is almost depressing.

One annoyance is the weather in Charlotte. It's been the worst drought anyone can remember, and it shows no signs of breaking. It's October, and the weather is still in the 80s (that's 30s to you Canadians). They're predicting a tough winter, but so far autumn is just a cooler summer. And the drought is wreaking havoc with everything around here.

So life's too full. Work will reach a fever pitch on November 3 and stay that way for the whole month. I'll be working 12 hours a day, 7 days a week for the month except Thanksgiving weekend (the fourth weekend in November for all my Canadian friends).

But we all have our trials...

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I simply can't get over the difference in weather...we had our first prediction of flurries today (only 20% chance), that's always a milestone up here. And there's been frost just about every morning for several weeks.

As for the rest, we just wish we were closer so we could help (and I could hang out with Amy). :)

Gwen said...

Yes, you aren't sounding like your usual chipper self. Perhaps a beer might help? Sorry to hear your schedule is so difficult. I hear Alberta is nice and chilly this time of year...

Ames said...

Frost? Flurries? I thought that was only in movies. I have on flip-flops right now.

Pack up the kids and come hang out with me, Michelle. I'll make you tea and buy some gluten-free cookies.

Anonymous said...

"Additionally, I've reconnected with several friends (some of whom I taught in high school) over the last few weeks. " Totally random to have you comment on my page but it is so nice to see that you and your family are doing so well.

clumsy ox said...

My dear Sarah, totally random is what makes life interesting.

But I was very happy to see pictures of you and yours. It was very warm and fuzzy to see everyone so obviously happy.