Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Books!

There's nothing quite as exciting as receiving a package in the mail. Well, almost nothing.

But today I had a triple-whammy exciting day:

  1. A huge package arrived for me in the mail

  2. The packages was from Dover Bible Fund (Books!)

  3. The timing was perfect, because I just finished finishing my new bookcase!



So here's the package:


Looks a little dinged up? Yeah, it was. I assume that's the fault of USPS, rather than DBF.

And here it is unpacked:


What are those books? I'm glad you asked. I got the complete set of F. E. Raven (20 vols. plus an Index plus Letters of F. E. Raven, a couple volumes by J. B. Stoney, a couple booklets by M. W. Biggs, three copies of Closing Ministry of J. Pellatt, Vols. 1 & 2 and something called The Scroll of Time. Sounds Dispensationalist!

And, of course, I got all the books on my new bookcase:


That's pretty mad book storage density! That's actually a whole lot of books to fit in 29 1/2" wide bookcase. Actually, that bookcase turned out pretty well. Thanks for the help, Dad!

9 comments:

Gwen said...

Sounds great! Shall I should send you a copy of the Kingdom of God is Within You, to balance out your book collection? ;)

Gwen said...

oops - just thinking about Dispensationalism addled my brain - I meant, "Shall I send you."

clumsy ox said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
clumsy ox said...

Never read it. What's it about?

Shan said...

I've never read it either, but I'm guessing Heresy.

Shan said...

Really nice shelves, bro. I love the library look - matching leather and gilt, etc. I wish I had a couple of those bookshelves. Vertical storage is my new thing.

Gwen said...

Har har, I was just kidding. I just thought up the most Amill. title I could.

Shan said...

I love how this whole comment roll is a bunch of pictures of the Terrible Twillingaters.

And, as usual, M says one thing, while G and S say three things each.

Gwen said...

Girls!