Thursday, February 5, 2009

Our tax dollars at work!

I rode my bike to work today: it was cold and I'm still in pretty bad shape, so I succumbed to temptation and cut a corner, riding down 'A St.' in Tacoma.

Right at the corner of A St. and 171 Ave, there was a stopped school bus. The lights weren't flashing: it was pulled over on the side of the road. The house on the corner has a privacy fence, and the bus was between the street and the fence.

I was peddling slowly: there is a slight rise there, and "slight rise" was enough this morning, so I was geared down a little, and just sort of puffing up the hill.

I saw the bus driver get out of the bus, and I noticed a bunch of kids on the bus, probably a half dozen, maybe more. It's hard to tell with the tinted windows.  They looked like they were six or seven years old.

As I rounded the corner, I looked back to see the bus driver standing at the rear tire, urinating. He appeared actually to be urinating on rear tire of the bus. In front of about a dozen primary schoolers.

Class, all class.

That's our tax dollars at work.

And people ask us why we home-school our kids.

5 comments:

Shan said...

OH. MY. SAINTED. AUNT.

Ames said...

Sounds like our bus drivers might need a little "hope that bringeths change".

Gwen said...

I hardly know what to say.

Trev said...

Maybe his rear tire had frozen up and he was being very inventive about how to get it unstuck?

Eryn said...

so i hope you did your civic duty and reported him. he was probably drunk. or hung over