Thursday, October 16, 2008

Going Green

When we moved to the NorthWest, I purchased a bike specifically to ride to work. The new job is about 10 miles from the house, but the less direct route is about 12 miles long: longer, but the shoulders are wider and the roads not quite so fast. So today I rode it the first time.

Ames met me at the campus and drove me home, but I did 12 miles on the bike today. It took almost exactly one hour, so I averaged 12 mph. I expect that to get shorter as I get into better shape, but it was frankly better than I expected.

I'm very excited about the new job, by the way. I start Monday!

1 comment:

Shan said...

Well done Mark! I am sorely missing my bike...got another one, but the seat is a smidge too high, so I'm.....well, sorely in need of another one, if you know what I mean.

Yee haw...